(Pea hummus with lemon thyme topped with feta on the left and CCC dip topped with fresh coriander on the right)
After the success of our recent tasting event in Hong Kong, here is another dip recipe from the TWINNYDIP. It's been a busy few weeks creating new flavours and preparing for our launch on street markets - application form submitted and food safety exam passed. Once we have received a positive feedback from the Market admins, we will aim to serve quality dips and eventually more substantial dishes every Sunday at the Market - so STAY TUNED!
This week, we present to you our latest invention - CCC dip - Coconut, Carrot and Coriander dip scented with lemongrass. This is a great way to use up all that carrots that have been sitting in the fridge. This dip can be served cold or hot, with tortilla chips / pita bread and/or the likes, or in a stir-fry with spinach, asparagus, cauliflower etc. See below for stir-fry recipe suggestion!
1 can coconut milk
2 Tbsp cashew or almond butter
2 lemongrass stalks, thinly sliced (see NOTE ON LEMONGRASS below)
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
2cm ginger root, chopped
1 bird's eye chili, seed discarded and finely chopped
6 large carrots, shredded
2 Tbsp raw cashews or almond, toasted
A handful of coriander, chopped
1/2 lime, juice only
6 Tbsp tomato puree
salt and ground pepper to taste
Garnish (optional):1 tsp coriander, chopped
1 Tbsp toasted almond flakes
1. Heat approximately 1/4 of the coconut milk and cashew butter in a medium sauce pan. When the coconut milk starts to bubble, add the lemongrass, ginger, garlic and chili into the pan. Cook at gentle heat for approximately 10 minutes.
2. Add shredded carrots and cook at medium heat for 10 minutes. Add tomato puree and cook for a further 10 - 15 minutes, or until carrots are cooked through and softened.
3. Transfer the mixture into the blender. Add toasted nuts and coriander and blend until desired consistency.
4. To serve the dip chilled, spoon the dip into a serving bowl and garnished with almond flakes and chopped coriander (optional).
Stir - fry asparagus with CCC and spinach
4 heaped Tbsp of CCC dip A handful of spinach 200g asparagus, tough end (approx. 1cm) removed and halved 1- 2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
1. Heat the CCC dip in a saucepan for approximately 4-5 minutes. When it is sizzling hot, stir in the spinach.
2. Reduce the heat the medium and add the asparagus into the pan. Cover the pan and cook for approximately 10 minutes or until asparagus are cooked but still crunchy.
3. Sprinkle toasted sesame seeds on top and serve as a side dish.