A little bit about us and the blog: We are twins - Valerie and Natalie, who love cooking, travelling and trying new things. Valerie is currently living in in HK and Natalie in London. So this blog is a place where we share with each other, and you, all the new (and favourite) flavours and recipes we come across. We are as amateur as amateur gets - but hopefully if you are reading this blog you will be trying the recipes and share with us any comments you may have!
So here it is - our first recipe - Pea Hummus with Lemon Thyme
400g frozen peas
1 garlic clove
2 tbsp almond butter
6 sprigs of lemon thyme, leaves onlyhalf a lemon, juice only
1-2 tbsp olive oil
Small pinch of chili flakes (optional)
Salt and pepper to taste
50g feta, crumbled (optional)
1. Cook the peas in a covered pan for about 10 minutes, until soften, giving the pan a little shake from time to time to ensure all peas are defrosted and cooked through.
2. Put the cooked peas, garlic, almond butter, leaves from 5 sprigs of lemon thyme, lemon juice, olive oil, chili flakes (optional), salt and pepper (to taste) into a blender. Blend until smooth and well mixed.
3. Taste and add more lemon juice, oliver oil, salt and pepper if necessary.
4. Spoon the hummus into two bowls.
5. Top the hummus with crumbled feta (optional) and sprinkle with the leaves from the remaining sprig of lemon thyme.
6. Serve with pitta bread / toasts / colourful vegetables etc.